Because the 41st Earth Day just passed on April 22nd, it's a great time to reflect on your life, your environment, and the future. If you’re lucky enough to live in Hawai'i as I do, you know that we have a beautiful place to call home. Clean air, blue water, and lush green surrounds us. Its far from perfect though--we all see the polluted waterways that lead to the ocean and the rubbish on the streets that we wish wasn't there.
In honor of Earth Day and the beginning of spring, I ask everyone to consider making one small change in their lives, one small contribution to the betterment of your life, your health, and the environment. There are a lot of options in the Environmental Tips Archive, some easier than others to implement, but each change will add up to an improved Earth. It'll make you feel good, too.
Here is a quick list of changes to consider:
- Walk, ride a bike, or carpool one place each week that you used to drive your own car to get to.
- Eat one vegetarian meal each week.
- Wash your laundry in cold water.
- Use a stainless steel or glass bottle for your drinking water & pass on the plastic.
- Bring your own bag to the store.